map

Tuesday, May 1

Feminist Quotes 2

I became a feminist as an alternative to becoming a masochist. ~Sally Kempton, attributed
I am working for the time when unqualified blacks, browns, and women join the unqualified men in running our government. ~Cissy Farenthold


There are very few jobs that actually require a penis or vagina. All other jobs should be open to everybody. ~Florynce Kennedy

I refuse to believe that trading recipes is silly. Tunafish casserole is at least as real as corporate stock. ~Barbara Grizzuti Harrison
I asked a Burmese why women, after centuries of following their men, now walk ahead. He said there were many unexploded land mines since the war. ~Robert Mueller
Be plain in dress, and sober in your diet;

In short, my deary, kiss me, and be quiet.

~Mary Wortley Montagu, A Summary of Lord Lyttelton's Advice
The world has never yet seen a truly great and virtuous nation because in the degradation of woman the very fountains of life are poisoned at their source. ~Lucretia Mott

::

Shiners Editors